About

Monday, October 31, 2011

Wearable Vampy Lips with NYX Deep Purple Lip Liner (808)

 

IMG_0905

Hello Beauties!

Ah.. Dark Vampy lips are so hot right now but I didn’t want to splurge on a super dark lippy just to chuck it aside after the trend fizzes out. For you girls who want to spot this super groovy lip trend, try a deep purple lip pencil instead. The one I chose is by NYX 808 Deep Purple and why I love it is because it’s good quality, affordable, easy to use and the color is very wearable.

IMG_0909IMG_0907IMG_0910

I’ve tried sharpening the pencil to test for any broken bits and so far so good. Also, you can get a darker shade if you pencil over quite a few times and a lighter berry shade if you go over just once. In the first picture, I used it twice over, with an itsy bitsy bit of clear lip gloss over.

The one downside of the NYX Lip Liners are that they aren’t as creamy as MAC’s Lip Pencils but that’s good for darker shades because it reduces the risk of bleeding lip lines.

IMG_0913

Hope I helped you save some money while still staying on trend Smile

Love, BlovetBeauty

8 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Beautiful. Perfectly vampy pout.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Jamillacamel said...

I lOVE this look!

phoebe.limanta said...

that's such a gorgeous colour! i wish that it's cooler weather here in australia, so i can wear such deep colour!

bangbangsheshoots said...

I LOVE that shade... and how it goes with your hat hehe

Blovetbeauty said...

thks Nic!

Blovetbeauty said...

yup i know what u mean. deep shades look best in cloudy, grey weather.. lucky for me it's been raining non stop here with the occasional hot day or two

Blovetbeauty said...

thks Jamilla!

Blair said...

It looks wonderful on you but on me.. I doubt it... further more, I'm too chicken to step out of the house with such dark colours on my lips! I wonder why hahaha...