I hope I don’t scare too many people off with this super honest skincare review but it’s my responsibility to be as frank and let you see how skin has progressed in pictures after using this SKII travel exclusive skincare set that I picked up at the airport recently.
Formulated with the revolutionary Stem-Acanax Complex that penetrates deep to improve skin from within. Pores to be less visible in 1 day. Improves radical firmness in 10 days. So you can feel the youthful beauty of 10 years ago.
Recently, my skin was looking extremely dull and lackluster. Also, the hormonal imbalance in my system was wrecking havoc on my skin. It was causing pimples to emerge on my forehead and my left cheek ( which never ever happens normally). So yes, I was freaking out big time. Also, I felt that the hormonal changes were causing my skin to sag a little more, which was scaring the crap out of me. I really didn’t like what I saw in the mirror, deeper smile lines and no plump radiant skin :( so I decided to go with SKII because I had used their facial treatment essence before and I was rather impressed with some after and before pictures online. It seemed that it really did lift skin especially laugh lines and helped skin to glow. If something works, it will show and so with that, I bought the Ageless Beauty set at the airport and never looked back. I added in SKII clear lotion ( toner) into my routine on the 4th day and that effectively tightened my pores.
So what is SKII Stempower suppose to do?
Benefits: Texture Refinement, Firmness Power, Wrinkle Resilience
Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Vinyl Dimethicone/ Methicons Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Stearyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ethylparaben, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Polyquaternium-7, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Methylsilanol Tri-PEG-8 Glyceryl Cocoate, Methicone, CI77891, CI77492
* I’ve tracked my progress in pictures and every photo I took was in the early morning or afternoon, with only sunblock on my face ( there is no foundation at all so u can see the progress clearly). I have freckles, pigmentation, pimples and fat cheeks – so be kind. haha
* All pictures were taken with my iphone because I tracked it daily.
* No photo editing whatsoever <gulps>
* Pardon the lack of brows or crazy hair
omg…. can’t believe u’re going to see pictures of my naked face!!!
On the whole, I really started seeing an improvement from Day 4 onwards. My laugh lines as you can see from before I started to use SKII Stem power was getting quite visible and a little sunken in, but after using Stempower, I started to feel my skin firming and plumping up. I was looking less patchy and blotchy overall and my skin was really starting to tone up if that makes any sense. I did feel that the whiteheads on my nose were getting smaller because of SKII clear lotion ( toner ), so that was a nice bonus from being hardworking and using the SKII toner, facial essence treatment and stem power ( moisturizer ). Also, I did notice larger pigmentation spots that appeared right after my miscarriage ( damn hormones!). Since Stempower isn’t suppose to address this issue, what I noticed was that in general, my complexion still got brighten, clearer and whiter. The pigmentation spots are definitely there but they are less glaring.
A quick summary of what I experienced after just 10 days of using SKII Stempower:
1) My hormonal pimples on my forehead healed quickly. They would peel as they were healing which was the first time I ever saw this happening. Also my pimples were much less red and visible as they were healing which was a nice change because I don’t like to cover problem areas with concealor as it tends to clog my skin and make it worse
2) My skin on the whole got brighter and clearer. Old pigmentation spots still remained but they seemed to look better as well. Hubby mentioned that my skin looked a lot more even and brighter on the whole
3) My skin gets super smooth and taut after applying stempower. It feels like a baby butt. Crazy.
4) My laugh lines appeared slightly plumped up and werent as visible
5) I feel like my skin has gotten tighter
6) My pores are definitely smaller and tighter
Now some of you might be wondering why I went and got the toner and facial treatment essence as well, it’s actually because I read from many SKII fans with great skin, that to get the full effects of SKII products, you have to use it as a whole set. I believe that is true too so I dug deep into my pockets so save my skin and so far I’m liking what I see.
Next step, I’m saving up for SK-II Whitening Spot Specialist and starting to incorporate Clinique’s Repairwear laser focus for my under eyes! Investing in skincare is worth every penny to me and I need it! Hope this review didn’t scare you too much and helped you in some way.